Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cookies and Milk

milk is not refrigerated here until
it's in your own fridge
   I have wanted to try and make chocolate chip cookies ever
   since we arrived in Spain. Anyone who knows me, knows
   that chocolate chip cookies are a staple in our house--just the
   smell of them baking makes everything seem better; we all
   eat them as soon as they are out of the oven and the whole
   world seems right, at least until all the cookies are gone:)  So,
   today was the day. After a call to the elders, we found
   chocolate chips and I attempted to make them. 

 Here's what I learned:


ingredients--need to work on getting
the brown sugar to dissolve











I miss my Kitchenaid mixer--the hand beaters do not have a slow speed and flour went everywhere!

I need to buy a big bowl--it is hard to mix cookie dough in a big stockpot.

The oven is a little tricky--finally, on the last batch, I think I got the time and temp right!

Even eating the slightly crispy ones with a glass of cold milk, was good for my soul--it's been a rough week and I am ready to try again.

2 comments:

  1. Estaban buenísimas Karen! ! Ya me enseñarás a hacerlas porque Alan se las comió todas jajaja!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so what do you need me to bring in my suitcase, chocolate chips and brown sugar?

    ReplyDelete